Join us at Freenom
Freenom is a disruptive internet company that has pioneered the "free domain model" and is leading the change in the old-fashioned domain name industry.
After several years of growth, our first Top Level Domain Dot TK (a partnership with the country of Tokelau, a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean), has reached a historical milestone and in March 2014 became the largest country code in the world with over 25 million active domains. Our story was featured on CNN, BCC, “De Wereld Draait Door", The Guardian, and many more.
Following this success, several more nations have joined and are now using Freenom's infrastructure and will be offering free domains soon. As we prepare to seriously scale up the business, we are hiring now:
Anycast cloud Engineers (36-40 hours/week)
You will be part of a technical team with engineers in all kinds of Internet related technology. The team is based in downtown Amsterdam. Freenom works in an agile environment and is driven by continuous development.
You are a self-motivated, communicative technologist that thinks all the things should be automated. You like to apply new technology, but are not afraid of old concept proven software.
Freenom's DNS services run on a number of instances all around the world. Using Anycast technology we give the best of quality to our users. To further improve our reach and quality of service we need to expand the number of DNS instances.
At Freenom you will:
- Install new ccTLD root servers all around the world, either in person or through local engineers
- Maintain and upgrade DNS services
- Have responsibility over multiple ccTLD root zones
As a minimum, you
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Have experience with BGP routing protocol and understand networking fully
- Have experience with Unix environments like FreeBSD and Linux
- Have experience with DNS and its technologies
- Be OK with travelling to remote locations to install cloud instances if required
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Have a residency and work permit in the Netherlands already
- MBA or Masters degree;
- Experience in an online international business
- Experience with hosting or domain name industry
Ready to be part of something big? Ready for a job at an ambitious and disruptive internet company that is changing the world? Then join our team of young and international colleagues with a "geek meets cool" spirit in our spacious office!
How to apply
Please send us an email with your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com
Want to stand out even more? Sign up for a free domain (.TK, .ML, .CF or .GA), test drive our services and let us know what you think in your motivation letter.
We kindly ask recruitment agencies and headhunters to not come with an offer to find qualified candidates for our vacancies.